Henri and Edouard Mariage founded the Mariage Frères Tea Company in June 1854. For over 130 years, the company was managed by four generations of Mariage tea merchants, who maintained their business from their Parisian warehouse. The business consisted of importing premium quality leaf teas from the Orient, which were then traded to first class hotels and tea shops in France.
In 1983, Mariage Frères started opening tea houses within central Paris. The first tea emporium and tea salon, located on rue du Bourg-Tibourg, opened in the same building where Henri Mariage had his offices over 150 years ago. Now, Mariage Frères has several tea salons throughout Paris, as well as a tea museum. While the company imports and blends hundreds of teas, Market Hall Foods' directly-imported selection includes approximately 30 teas.
- Page 1 of 2