Crudo Olives a la Pugliese
This is how we first tasted these incredible olives. Serve them warm with lots of crusty bread.
It seems like a lot of olive oil, but this is about the sauce and the olives, so don't skimp!
- 1/2 cup of Crudo extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon Peperoncino Franto
- 1 jar of Crudo olives, drained
- 1/4 cup of parsley, coarsely chopped
In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. You don't want the oil to get very hot, so keep it on the low side of medium. Add the halved tomatoes and stir gently. After 5 - 7 minutes, as the tomatoes begin to break down, add the garlic and peperoncino and stir. When the garlic begins to perfume the kitchen, stir in the olives and warm for 5 minutes.
When ready to serve, stir in the parsley and serve with a pile of grilled or toasted bread.