Muhammara is a middle-eastern dip made from red peppers, walnuts and pomegranate molasses, among other spices and herbs. This is a riff...clearly!
For the dressing...
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses (or use the Blood Orange Syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of Maras Pepper
For the salad...
- 6 cups fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, julienned
In a bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Toss the arugula with the dressing and pile into bowls or onto a large platter. Garnish with the walnuts and peppers and sprinkle the salad with a few drops of pomegranate molasses and more Maras pepper.