Arugula and Watercress Salad with Dried Apricots, Goat Cheese, Almonds and Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups watercress
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup, plus extra for drizzling, Katz Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice or Sherry vinegar (the lemon juice will make for a more mellow dressing)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions or, if you can get it, green garlic shoots
Wash and dry the greens. In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice/vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper. Check for seasoning.
When ready to serve, toss the greens with all but 1 tablespoon of the dressing and plate individually or in a platter or bowl. In the same bowl, toss the almonds and apricots with the remaining dressing and scatter on top of the salad. Crumble the goat cheese over top and serve with a drizzle of Meyer lemon olive oil and a shower of scallions.