Basil Watermelon Salad
Watermelon Salad is so refreshing in the hot summer months. Basil Oil from Calivirgin takes this salad to a whole new level.
- 1/3 cup Calivirgin Basil Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 8-pound seedless watermelon, scooped into balls with a melon baller or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (10 cups), chilled
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- Basil leaves for garnish
In a large bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the watermelon, feta and onion and toss gently. Garnish with the basil and serve.
You can also serve this salad as an hors d'oeuvres. Simply cut the watermelon into larger, uniform chunks, top with a basil leaf, a piece of feta and drizzle with dressing. Onion is not used in the hors d'oeuvres recipe.