Lemon Pepper Tuna Cakes
This recipe uses a boiled potato, but you can absolutely use leftover mashed potatoes.
This recipe makes 8 cakes, but you could make them smaller and serve as an hors d'oeuvres.
- 1 8.8 ounce can of Conservas Ortiz Bonito del Norte
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Agrumato
- 3/4 cup plain bread crumbs (if you're making your own, process them very fine)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon Lemon Pepper Salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
In a small saucepan, cover the potato in water and bring to a boil. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until the potato is completely cooked. Drain and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, mash the potato. Combine the tuna, beaten eggs, Agrumato, 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, the parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of the lemon pepper salt. When completely combined, form into 8 even cakes. The cakes should be about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining bread crumbs and lemon pepper salt. Coat each cake completely in the breadcrumbs and set aside.
In a nonstick saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and when hot, cook 4 cakes at a time until browned and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Flip and cook on the other side. Keep warm while you cook the second batch.